This course enables participants to become certified risk management professionals (Foundations level). The training and exam are based on the ISO 31000 risk management standard which can be used by organizations of any size, any industry, and any sector. In this intensive three-day course, participants develop competence in the foundations of the ISO 31000 risk management standard. Based on in-depth teaching, practical exercises and quiz questions that test their aptitude, participants acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to pass the stringent exam. They do so by becoming familiar with vocabulary, principles, framework and the risk management process proposed in the ISO 31000 standard.
- To understand the vocabulary, principles, framework and risk management process in accordance with ISO 31000.
- To understand the benefits of ISO 31000 as an internationally-recognized standard adopted by more than 40 countries including the United States.
- To acquire the competence to communicate effectively about ISO 31000 with people having different backgrounds and experience in risk management.
The exam covers the five following competence domains:
- Fundamental concepts.
- Terms and definitions.
- Principles of risk management.
- The risk management framework.
- The risk management process.